Tuesday 17 November 2015

Just a little reminder #1

Here I am,

I found myself sitting down and attempting to write a blog, out of the compliments of how I feel today, quite well. It's days like these, the most inspiring are in facets of how an individual's life goes, especially down to the intricate moment that stimulate our being to feel, think and to act in a certain way. Entirely our reaction to the moment at hand is what determines where our life leads...

I guess the real challenging part is actually sitting down, and doing things you don't really want to do. Right now as I write this, I feel like I want to do this very thing, but say tomorrow, am I going to write something? Probably not, perhaps it's the need to talk about something, the need to express. Perhaps that's what I needed, to get away from the idea of school, people, responsibility, etc. I mean it may not be a good thing, but the fact that I know that external factors are the case, I can work towards understanding it, start making a move towards it, of course.

It's not easy, your greatest opponent is the mere resistance, as if the external resistance was the only problem, the biggest one had to be the internal resistance. One's capacity to act even when external resistance kicks in. Being double-teamed by the big bad twin resistance isn't easy.
People often say that your biggest enemy is yourself, that's true. Self-doubt can be like a bomb, a self-destructive bomb that will blow up the path to what you really want if you let it.

But, what really get me all revved up being able to have time for myself, being able to do things I wanted, when I allowed school to dictate that, I wasted a lot of time, NOT knowing what to do with my time. I guess in the end, I should know what exactly I want to do.

I wanted to mention one of my dear friend, Brenda Vasquez. I've known her quite awhile now, we've been through quite a bit together and we were very supportive of one another. She's honestly such a down to earth person, she's wonderful. So when I recently seen the work, the motivation and the way she lives her life, she started to remind me what I've always wanted, to have a reason to be myself. She and her friend decided to start up a website based on their passion, and their passion burns and warms me. I love it, I want to support them because seeing the girl who grew up to be the woman she is now, how can I not? I am happy. Happy for her, that I was a part of that growth within her.

We've complained together, laughed together, now I want to be able to change the world together.

Sometimes, all it is is having the courage to do the things that matter, not just to you, but for others...
in the end, it DOES matter.

"May the universe grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
- Reinhold Niebuhr (modified from the original)





No comments:

Post a Comment